Healthy Families America
The Healthy Families America program at The Center for Family Safety and Healing provides home visitation to low-income mothers and fathers from pregnancy until the child's third birthday. The program is designed to ensure children are healthy, safe and ready to learn.
This program focuses on the following goals:
- Increase healthy pregnancies
- Improve child health, development and readiness
- Improve parenting confidence and competence
- Increase family connectedness to community and social support
To learn more or to make a referral, contact the Healthy Families America supervisor at (614) 722-8224, or view our downloadable brochure for families. You may also contact the supervisor by text messaging at (614) 935-9439.
- What is Healthy Families America Home Visiting?
Healthy Families America Home Visiting is a program for mothers. If you enroll, a specially trained home visitor will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your child is 3 years old.
- How often will my home visitor visit?
Your home visitor will visit every week or two, during your pregnancy and continue with visits until your baby is 3 years old. You and your home visitor will decide the exact schedule.
- How much does the program cost?
Healthy Families America is provided at no cost to eligible women and families.
- Who can enroll in the program?
The following people can enroll in the Healthy Families America Home Visiting Program:
- Pregnant women (must meet Healthy Families America income requirements or currently receive Medicaid or WIC)
- A parent with a child less than 6 months of age (must meet Healthy Families America income requirements or currently receive Medicaid or WIC)
- Can my baby's father participate?
Healthy Families America Home Visiting encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
You can have a conversation with your home visitor to decide who you’d like to be involved.